***Since our previous event was sold out and many of you didn't make it, we have decided to repeat it with a different set of speakers!***
Here is what we will be talking about:
2019 is going to be a big year for Bay Area, there is a lot of hype around next year’s IPO cohort.
Here are a few companies from the list of that are planning to go public in 2019:
- Uber, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, Slack, Postmates, Palantir, Instacart.
While we are expecting a new group of "overnight" millionaires It is important to understand the opportunities that these IPOs will bring to the Real Estate market in 2019.
Join Bay Area brokers and tech investors as we discuss how these IPOs will affect the Bay Area housing demand.
As always, food and drinks will be provided.
Speakers (more to be announced soon):
- Big Data Realtor at Compass. - Previously, Head of Data at big data startup Accompany (Acquired by Cisco for $280M). - Prior to Accompany, PM at LinkedIn's monetization team. - Startup investment experience at Foundation Capital. - BS and MS in Computer Science at Stanford, with a specialization in AI and Machine Learning.
- Partner at Montage Ventures with a core investment focus around Real Estate, FinTech and Insurance.- Co-founder @ Chime.- Prior to Chime, Matt was the Global Vice President at Renren and headed up their Venture Capital investments into SoFi, LendingHome, Fundrise, Sindeo and Aspiration.- Matt has also run marketing for Chegg & Lemon Wallet and ran advertising at E*TRADE.- BS in Finance from Santa Clara University.
Roh Habibi- Star @ Million Dollar Listing San Francisco, which aired on Bravo TV and was viewed by 25 million people in 140 countries.- Contributor for the The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, MSNBC, Fox Business, Inman News, Bloomberg, The New York Times and others.- Broker Associate @ Golden Gate Sotheby's International Realty
- Technology reporter at The Telegraph, a national British daily broadsheet.- Recently moved to the Bay Area to cover the Silicon Valley scene.
5:30pm - Registration, food and refreshments
6:00pm - Quantifying IPOs' Impact on San Francisco real estate with Big Data
Using big data, Deniz will answer the following questions:
1) How can we quantify the exact number of future IPO home buyers and how they will impact Bay Area's real estate prices?
2) If you buy now, which property types and neighborhoods will result in the highest return on investment after said IPOs?
3) Who are buying homes in San Francisco now, and how will that demographic makeup change after said IPOs?
6:20pm - Discussion panel: market expectations following the 2019 tech IPOs
Moderator: Margi Murphy
Panelists: Roh Habibi, Matt Murphy
7:00pm - Networking and drinks
8:00pm - Event ends
P.S. Join us for our flagship Real Estate Technology and Innovation Event in San Francisco.
***Tickets are non-refundable***
***This page is being actively updated***
TET events offer a safe environment to all attendees regardless of race, gender, skin color, sexual orientation, religion, etc. We will not tolerate any harassment, discriminatory, racist, language or behavior.
Anyone who will act offensively will be removed from the premises.