Hi folks! We've partnered with Rising Tide Brewing Company in Portland, ME to host our official Summer Stop pre-show hangout in Portland, ME on Saturday, July 20th from 11:30AM to 5PM.
We'll have Dispatch tunes, giveaways, a raffle for meet & greet passes for the show that night (among other things!), and more.
As part of our event, we're creating a special Dispatch x Rising Tide beer collaboration called America, Location: Portland that will be available on draft and in cans throughout the weekend. If you can't make it to the pre-show event or want to keep the party going at the show, our beer with Rising Tide will be available on draft to enjoy at Thompson's Point, too.
We know Dispatch shows tend to be places where you catch up with old friends, party with your regular friends, or share an evening of music with someone special; especially considering many are traveling in for our one night in New England this summer. Whatever brings you to the show, we thought it would be a fun idea to give fans a place to hang out beforehand and make this a full-day of Dispatch-related fun. Who knows! Maybe you'll make some new Dispatch friends along the way (because you can never get enough of those).
RSVP to the event now so we can gauge interest and plan accordingly. This will not guarantee entry. This is first come, first to enter and is open to the public. You do not need a ticket to Thompson's Point to attend our pre-show event. Capacity is roughly 300.
- START 11:30AM: Rising Tide normally opens at noon, but they'll open the doors at 11:30AM for anyone attending our event. This is mostly to accommodate those interested in purchasing our collab beer in the can before anyone else, as well as give fans first access to hang out for the day. Rising Tide usually gets busy on a summer Saturday, so we're advising coming on the earlier side.
- END 5PM: We'll officially start wrapping things up at 5PM. Doors for Thompson's Point are at 5:30PM and we expect people to start heading over to get there early and start their evening, and we absolutely encourage checking out Moon Taxi before Dispatch goes on. That said, Rising Tide is open until 9PM and you're more than welcome to stay later. Just don't be late for the show!
- FOOD: a food truck or two will be on site that day as well as pub snacks. Thompson's Point also has an army of great food trucks available at the show, so this is truly a pre-show warm up!
Will the band be there?
They're not expected to be, no. They'll be soundchecking and getting ready to put on an awesome show for you. Other Dispatch fans will certainly be there though!
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
21+ with a valid government issued ID to drink. Guests under 21 can attend but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Where can I get a ticket to the show that night at Thompson's Point?
Tickets are still on sale and available here: https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/01005630AE693D19
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event and the show?
- To Rising Tide: the address is located in the event details. There's lot parking, street parking, and a local park and ride right by the brewery.
- Rising Tide to Concert: we anticipate if you're attending the brewery event you'll be drinking to some degree. Please drink responsibly and we encourage having a plan to get to the show in advance. Whether it's a designated driver, uber/lyft, bus, or a very long walk - please be safe and thoughtful. The link below explains options on getting to the venue as well as detailed public transit options.
- Concert Parking: Check out Thompson's Point travel guide here: http://www.thompsonspointmaine.com/about-us/get-to-the-point/
What if I have more questions?
Feel free to reach out to the regular Dispatch info email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this event or the show that night! Rising Tide specific questions can be directed to their 'contact us' form (https://risingtidebrewing.com/contact/) or by phone at 207-370-BEER (2337). Thompson's Point and concert questions can be submitted here (http://www.thompsonspointmaine.com/about-us/contact/) or by calling the State Theatre box office at (207) 747-5288.