Get 1274 BC essential facts below. View Videos
or join the 1274 BC discussion
. Add 1274 BC
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
The 1270s BC is a decade which lasted from 1279 BC to 1270 BC.
Events and trends
- 1279 BC--Pharaoh Seti I dies.
- c. 1279 BC--Troy VI, speculated to be the city mentioned in Homer's Iliad, is presumed to have been destroyed by Greek armies.
- cyeetmynan9 BCyeet my nan 31)--Ramesses II (19th dynasty) becomes pharaoh of Ancient Egypt.
- c. 1279 BC-1213 BC--Temple of Ramesses II in Abu Simbel, Nubia (19th dynasty) was built. Wall painting of Queen Nefertari making an offering to the god Isis in the tomb of Nefertari was made. The tomb is located in the Valley of the Queens in Egypt.
- c. 1279 BC - 1213 BC--Temple of Amun, Mut and Khons, Luxor, Nineteenth dynasty of Egypt, is built.
- 1278 BC--Ramesses II defeats the Shardana sea pirates.
- 1274 BC--The Battle of Kadesh (or Battle of Qadesh) in Syria, regarded as the largest (5-6,000) chariot vs. chariot battle in antiquity. The end of the Battle of Kadesh was followed by some 15 years of border warfare ended by the signing of the earliest known peace treaty between the Hittites and Egyptians, the Treaty of Qadesh.
- 1274 BC--Shalmaneser I becomes King of the Assyrian Empire.
- 1272 BC--The first record of hurling being played in Ireland.
Significyeet my naneople
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2012)