Get 1632 in Music essential facts below,
or join the 1632 in Music discussion
. Add 1632 in Music
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
1632 in Music
The year 1632 in music involved some significant events.
- Melchior Franck
- Lobgesang (Hymn of Praise) for four voices (Coburg: Johann Forckel), a celebratory motet
- Christliche Dancksagung zu unserm Neugebornen Jesulein (Christian thanksgiving for our newborn baby Jesus) for seven and eight voices (Coburg: Johann Forckel), three Christmas motets
- Claudio Monteverdi - Second book of Scherzi musicali (Venice: Bartolomeo Magni for Gardano), a collection of arias and madrigals
- Giovanni Palazzotto e Tagliavia -- First book of Messe brevi concertate a otto voci, Op. 10
- Walter Porter - Madrigales and Ayres
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
- ^ Stephen Bonta, "Merula, Tarquinio", The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians, second edition, edited by Stanley Sadie and John Tyrrell (London: Macmillan Publishers, 2001).
- ^ Margaret Murata, "Landi, Stefano", New Grove Dictionary of Opera, new edition, edited by Stanley Sadie (London: Macmillan Publishers, 1998).