Get 1642 in Music essential facts below,
or join the 1642 in Music discussion
. Add 1642 in Music
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
1642 in Music
The year 1642 in music involved some significant events.
- Christoph Demantius - Morgenröthe for five voices (Freiberg: Georg Beuther), written for the funeral of Hedwig on May 30
- Johannes Eccard & Johann Stobaeus - Part 1 of Der Preussischen Fest-Lieder/ vom Advent an biß Ostern (The Prussian Feast-day Songs: From Advent to Easter) for five, six, and eight voices (Elbing: Wendel Bodenhausen)
- Claudio Monteverdi - Selva morale e spirituale
- Nicodemo Parisi - Messa e salmi concertati a 5 voci facili da cantarsi... (Venice: Bartolomeo Magni), collected by his brother, Filippo Parisi, and including two of his compositions
- Johann Rist - Des Daphnis aus Cimbrien Galathee (Hamburg: Jacob Rebenlein), a collection of pastoral songs, music by Heinrich Pape
- Cornelis Padbrué - Synphonia in nuptias..., written for the wedding of Mathaeus Steyn and Maria van Napels
- date unknown
- probable - Nicolas Vallet, lutenist and composer (born c.1583)