Get 1690s BC essential facts below. View Videos
or join the 1690s BC discussion
. Add 1690s BC
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
The 1690s BC was a decade lasting from January 1, 1699 BC to December 31, 1690 BC.
Events and trends
- Belu-bani, King of Assyria, r. 1700-1691 BC.
- Libaia, King of Assyria r. 1691-1674 BC.
- Abi-eshuh, King of Babylon, r. 1712-1684 (middle chronology)
- Jie, Legendary King of the supposed Xia dynasty (existence disputed) in China, r. c.1728-1675 BC
- Merneferre Ay, Pharaoh of Egypt, r. c.1714-1691 BC
- Merhotepre Ini, Pharaoh of Egypt, r. c.1691-1689 BC
- Fourteenth dynasty Pharaohs (see List of Pharaohs for details), 1705-1690 BC
- Lila-Ir-Tash king of the Elamite Empire, r. c.1700-c.1698 BC.
- Temti-Agun I king of the Elamite Empire, r. c.1698-c.1690 BC.
- Tan-Uli king of the Elamite Empire, r. c.1690-c.1655 BC.
- Agum I, King of the Kassites, r. 1705-1690 BC
- Kashtiliash I, King of the Kassites, r. 1690-1680 BC
- Itti-Ili-Nibi, King of the Sealand, r. c.1700-1683 BC
- 1695 BC--Death of Sarah, wife of Abraham, according to the Hebrew Calendar
- 1691 BC--Death of Merneferre Ay, Pharaoh of Egypt