Get 1788 in Literature essential facts below. View Videos
or join the 1788 in Literature discussion
. Add 1788 in Literature
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
1788 in Literature
This article presents lists of the literary events and publications in 1788.
- January 22 - George Gordon Byron, 6th Baron Byron, English poet (died 1824)
- February 28 - Samuel Bamford, English writer, poet and radical (died 1872)
- March 20 - Thomas Medwin, English poet, biographer and translator (died 1869)
- September 22 - Theodore Edward Hook, English man of letters and composer (died 1841)
- c. October 14 - Robert Millhouse, English weaver poet (died 1839)
- October 24 - Sarah Josepha Hale, American novelist and poet (died 1879)
- December 6 - Richard Harris Barham (Thomas Ingoldsby), English novelist, poet and cleric (died 1845)