Get 1893 in Baseball essential facts below. View Videos
or join the 1893 in Baseball discussion
. Add 1893 in Baseball
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
1893 in Baseball
The following are the baseball events of the year 1893 throughout the world.
National League final standings
- January 4 - Jim Halpin, 29, shortstop in 1882, and 1884-1885.
- March - Joseph Quinn, , catcher for two teams in 1881.
- April 18 - Fred Siefke, 23, third baseman for the 1890 Brooklyn Gladiators.
- October 10 - Lip Pike, 48, outfielder for several teams from 1871 to 1881 who batted .300 four times in the National Association and twice in the NL, winning four home run titles; the sport's first Jewish star.
- December 2 - Bill Gleason, 25, pitcher for the 1890 Cleveland Infants.