The 1984 Wimbledon Championships was a tennis tournament played on grass courts at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in Wimbledon, London in England. It was the 98th edition of the Wimbledon Championships and were held from 25 June to 8 July 1984.
To celebrate the centenary of the Ladies' Singles competition, first held in 1884, 17 of the surviving 20 singles champions were presented with an engraved crystal vase on Centre Court by Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Kent on Monday, 2 July. Those presented were Martina Navratilova, Virginia Wade, Chris Evert Lloyd, Evonne Goolagong Cawley, Ann Jones, Billie Jean King, Margaret Court, Angela Mortimer, Maria Bueno, Althea Gibson, Shirley Fry, Doris Hart, Louise Brough, Margaret duPont, Pauline Betz, Alice Marble and Kitty Godfree. Karen Susman, Helen Jacobs and Helen Wills did not attend, but were all presented with their crystal individually during the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles by Mrs Godfree, when she attended the games with members of the All England Club committee.
The total prize money for 1984 championships was £1,461,896. The winner of the men's title earned £100,000 while the women's singles champion earned £90,000.
||Round of 16
||Round of 32
||Round of 64
||Round of 128
|Men's Doubles *
|Women's Doubles *
|Mixed Doubles *
* per team
In all five senior disciplines, the 1983 champions successfully defended their titles.
John McEnroe defeated Jimmy Connors, 6-1, 6-1, 6-2
- It was McEnroe's 6th career Grand Slam title and his 3rd Wimbledon title.
Martina Navratilova defeated Chris Evert Lloyd, 7-6(7-5), 6-2
- It was Navratilova's 26th career Grand Slam title and her 5th Wimbledon singles title.
Peter Fleming / John McEnroe defeated Pat Cash / Paul McNamee, 6-2, 5-7, 6-2, 3-6, 6-3
- It was Fleming's 7th career Grand Slam title and his 4th and last Wimbledon title. It was McEnroe's 14th career Grand Slam title and his 7th Wimbledon title.
Martina Navratilova / Pam Shriver defeated Kathy Jordan / Anne Smith, 6-3, 6-4
- It was Navratilova's 27th career Grand Slam title and her 11th Wimbledon title. It was Shriver's 8th career Grand Slam title and her 4th Wimbledon title.
John Lloyd / Wendy Turnbull defeated Steve Denton / Kathy Jordan, 6-3, 6-3
- It was Lloyd's 3rd and last career Grand Slam title and his 2nd Wimbledon title. It was Turnbull's 9th and last career Grand Slam title and her 3rd Wimbledon title.
Mark Kratzmann defeated Stefan Kruger, 6-4, 4-6, 6-3
Annabel Croft defeated Elna Reinach, 3-6, 6-3, 6-2
Ricky Brown / Robbie Weiss defeated Mark Kratzmann / Jonas Svensson, 1-6, 6-4, 11-9
Caroline Kuhlman / Stephanie Rehe defeated Viktoria Milvidskaia / Larisa Savchenko, 6-3, 5-7, 6-4
- John McEnroe (Champion)
- Ivan Lendl (Semifinals, lost to Jimmy Connors)
- Jimmy Connors (Final, lost to John McEnroe)
- Mats Wilander (Second round, lost to Pat Cash)
- Jimmy Arias (Fourth round, lost to Tomá? ?míd)
- Andrés Gómez (Quarterfinals, lost to Pat Cash)
- Yannick Noah (Withdrew before the tournament began)
- José Luis Clerc (Withdrew before the tournament began)
- Henrik Sundström (Second round, lost to Mark Edmondson)
- Anders Järryd (First round, lost to Scott Davis)
- Kevin Curren (Fourth round, lost to Pat Cash)
- Johan Kriek (Fourth round, lost to Paul Annacone)
- Tomá? ?míd (Quarterfinals, lost to Ivan Lendl)
- Bill Scanlon (Fourth round, lost to John McEnroe)
- Vitas Gerulaitis (Fourth round, lost to John Sadri)
- Tim Mayotte (Fourth round, lost to Jimmy Connors)
- Martina Navratilova (Champion)
- Chris Evert Lloyd (Final, lost to Martina Navratilova)
- Hana Mandlíková (Semifinals, lost to Chris Evert Lloyd)
- Pam Shriver (Quarterfinals, lost to Kathy Jordan)
- Zina Garrison (Second round, lost to Virginia Wade)
- Kathy Jordan (Semifinals, lost to Martina Navratilova)
- Manuela Maleeva (Quarterfinals, lost to Martina Navratilova)
- Kathy Horvath (Second round, lost to Bettina Bunge)
- Wendy Turnbull (Fourth round, lost to Kathy Jordan)
- Jo Durie (Quarterfinals, lost to Hana Mandlíková)
- Lisa Bonder (Third round, lost to Elizabeth Sayers)
- Claudia Kohde-Kilsch (Fourth round, lost to Chris Evert Lloyd)
- Barbara Potter (Fourth round, lost to Pam Shriver)
- Helena Suková (Fourth round, lost to Hana Mandlíková)
- Andrea Temesvári (Fourth round, lost to Carina Karlsson)
- Carling Bassett (Third round, lost to Anne Hobbs)