1st Guard Cavalry Division (Russian Empire)
Get 1st Guard Cavalry Division Russian Empire essential facts below. View Videos
or join the 1st Guard Cavalry Division Russian Empire discussion
. Add 1st Guard Cavalry Division Russian Empire
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
1st Guard Cavalry Division Russian Empire
The 1st Guards Cavalry Division was a Guards heavy cavalry division of the Imperial Russian Army.
Each regiment comprised four squadrons (or, in Cossack regiments, four sotnyas, or "hundreds"); the colonels of the Guard regiments usually were Major-Generals in rank.
- 23.12.1910--30.03.1916 -- Nikolai Kaznakov
- 02.04.1916--22.01.1917 -- Pavlo Skoropadskyi
- 10.03.1917--15.04.1917 -- Evgeny Arseniev
- 15.05.1917--06.08.1917 -- Aleksander Eristov
- 19.08.1917-- ? -- Afrikan P. Bogaewsky
- ^ Leib-Gvardii Kirasirskii Ego Velichestva Polk
- ^ Leib-Gvardii Kirasirskii Eia Velichestva Polk
- ^ Leib-Gvardii Kazachii Ego Velichestva Polk
- ^ Leib-Gvardii Atamanskii Ego Imperatorskago Vysochestva Naslednika Tsesarevicha Polk
- ^ "1-? ? ?" [1st Guards Cavalry Division]. regiment.ru (in Russian). Retrieved .
- ^ Other Russian cavalry divisions generally comprised four regiments apiece, each of six squadrons (or sotnyas) of the same size -- 150 men and 8 officers -- under a colonel.