The 2000 French Open was a tennis tournament that took place on the outdoor clay courts at the Stade Roland Garros in Paris, France. The tournament was held from 29 May until 11 June. It was the 104th staging of the French Open, and the second Grand Slam tennis event of 2000.
Gustavo Kuerten defeated Magnus Norman, 6-2, 6-3, 2-6, 7-6(8-6)
- o It was Kuerten's 2nd career Grand Slam singles title and his 2nd title at the French Open. It was Kuerten's 3rd title of the year, and his 8th overall.
Mary Pierce defeated Conchita Martínez, 6-2, 7-5
- o It was Pierce's 2nd and last career Grand Slam singles title and her 1st title at the French Open. It was Pierce's 2nd title of the year, and her 15th overall.
Todd Woodbridge / Mark Woodforde defeated Paul Haarhuis / Sandon Stolle, 7-6(9-7), 6-4
- o It was Woodbridge's 10th career Grand Slam doubles title and his 1st and only title at the French Open.
- o It was Woodforde's 11th career Grand Slam doubles title and his 1st and only title at the French Open.
Martina Hingis / Mary Pierce defeated Virginia Ruano / Paola Suárez, 6-2, 6-4
- o It was Hingis' 8th career Grand Slam doubles title and her 2nd and last title at the French Open.
- o It was Pierce's 1st and only career Grand Slam doubles title.
Mariaan de Swardt / David Adams defeated Rennae Stubbs / Todd Woodbridge, 6-3, 3-6, 6-3
- o It was de Swardt's 2nd and last career Grand Slam mixed doubles title and her 1st title at the French Open.
- o It was Adams's 2nd and last career Grand Slam mixed doubles title and his 1st title at the French Open.
Paul-Henri Mathieu defeated Tommy Robredo, 3-6, 7-6(7-3), 6-2
Virginie Razzano defeated María Emilia Salerni, 5-7, 6-4, 8-6
Marc López / Tommy Robredo defeated Joachim Johansson / Andy Roddick, 7-6(7-2), 6-0
Maria José Martinez / Anabel Medina Garrigues defeated Matea Mezak / Dinara Safina, 6-0, 6-1
Total prize money for the event was FF69,163,000.
- ^ Pierce was the first Frenchwoman to win the Women's Singles title since Françoise Durr won the title in 1967.
- ^ With the victory, The Woodies completed the career Grand Slam in Men's Doubles.
- ^ John Barrett, ed. (2001). World of Tennis. London: Queen Anne Press. p. 93. ISBN 978-0-00-711129-9.