Get 2007 in Architecture essential facts below. View Videos
or join the 2007 in Architecture discussion
. Add 2007 in Architecture
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
2007 in Architecture
The year 2007 in architecture involved some significant architectural events and new buildings.
Buildings and structures
- January 20 - Olympic Sculpture Park, Seattle, WA., USA, designed by Weiss/Manfredi.
- January 21 - The National Art Center, Tokyo, designed by Kisho Kurokawa.
- February 28 - San Francisco Federal Building, by Morphosis.
- March 8 - Limoges Concert Hall, France, by Bernard Tschumi Architects.
- March 9 - New Wembley Stadium, London (original stadium demolished in 2002).
- March 23 - Pakistan Monument, Islamabad, designed by Arif Masoud.
- April 25 - IAC/InterActiveCorp headquarters opens in New York, by Gehry Partners.
- May 27 - St Bede's Church, Basingstoke, England (Roman Catholic), designed by Maguire and Murray.
- June 2 - Michael Lee-Chin Crystal at Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto, designed by Daniel Libeskind.
- June 9 - Bloch Building, Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art addition, Kansas City, Mo. by Steven Holl Architects.
- June - Pawilon Wyspia?ski 2000, Kraków, Poland, by Krzysztof Ingarden.
- August 9 - Roland Levinsky Building at the University of Plymouth, Devon, England, by Henning Larsen.
- September 16 - Hull Paragon Interchange (railway station reconstruction), Kingston upon Hull, England, designed by WilkinsonEyre.
- October - Museum of Contemporary Art Denver, by David Adjaye.
- October 12 - Armed Forces Memorial, National Memorial Arboretum, Staffordshire, England, by Liam O'Connor Architects and Planning Consultants.
- October 17 - BMW Welt ("BMW World") exhibition facility in Munich, Germany, by Coop Himmelb(l)au.
- November 3 - Digital Beijing Building in China, by Pei Zhu.
- December 1 - The New Museum of Contemporary Art, New York, by SANAA.
- December 10 - Inauguration of Gare de Marseille-Saint-Charles' major reconstruction as a transportation interchange in France.
- Manchester Civil Justice Centre by Denton Corker Marshall.
- Beetham Tower, Manchester by Ian Simpson.
- Calgary Courts Centre in Calgary, Alberta
- Kolumba (diocesan art museum) in Cologne, Germany, designed by Peter Zumthor.
- Wachendorf-Feldkapelle-Bruder-Klaus, Germany, designed by Peter Zumthor.
- FiftyTwoDegrees in Nijmegen, designed by Mecanoo.
- The Lighthouse, Watford, Britain's first zero-carbon house, designed by Sheppard Robson.