Get 2015 in Architecture essential facts below. View Videos
or join the 2015 in Architecture discussion
. Add 2015 in Architecture
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
2015 in Architecture
The year 2015 in architecture involved some significant architectural events and new buildings.
- UTEC (Universidad de Ingeniería y Tecnología), Lima, designed by Grafton Architects with Shell Arquitectos.
- United Kingdom
- January - Darbishire Place social housing for the Peabody Trust in London, designed by Níall McLaughlin Architects.
- February 14 - Extension to Whitworth Art Gallery in Manchester, England, designed by McInnes Usher McKnight Architects (MUMA).
- May 21 - HOME, an arts venue in Manchester, designed by Mecanoo.
- May 26 - Investcorp Building at Middle East Centre, St Antony's College, Oxford, designed by Zaha Hadid.
- June - Trafalgar Place housing development in south London by dRMM Architects completed.
- August - City of Glasgow College, Riverside Campus, designed by Michael Laird Architects and Reiach and Hall Architects, opens to students.
- September 30 - Christchurch Bridge, Reading, England, designed by Design Engine Architects, completed.
- October 8 - Newport Street Gallery in south London, a conversion of 1913 theatrical workshops into a free public art gallery by Caruso St John architects.
- October - New building for the University of Oxford's Ruskin School of Art in Bullingdon Road by Spratley Studios.
- November 30 - Blavatnik School of Government in the University of Oxford, England, designed by Herzog & de Meuron, begins to function.
- Clergy Court (new cloister) at Blackburn Cathedral in the north of England, designed by Purcell, projected for completion.
- Outhouse, a house in the Forest of Dean, by Loyn & Co architects.
- A House for Essex, Wrabness, designed by Charles Holland of FAT with Grayson Perry.
- United States
- January 16 - Sir Ian Athfield, 74, New Zealand architect
- January 18 - Verma Panton, 78, Jamaican architect
- February 9 - Jon Jerde, 75, American architect
- March 9 - Frei Otto, 89, German architect and structural engineer
- March 12 - Michael Graves, 80, American architect
- April 28 - Einar Thorsteinn, 73. Icelandic architect
- March 19 - Carlos Mijares Bracho, 84, Mexican architect
- May 11 - Derek Walker, 85, English architect and urban planner
- May 16 - Charles Correa, 84, Indian architect
- May 31 - Françoise-Hélène Jourda, 60, French architect
- June 12 - James Gowan, 92, Scottish-born architect
- June 26 - Donald Wexler, 89, American architect
- June 28 - Robert C. Broward, 89, American architect
- November 7 - Pancho Guedes, 90, Portuguese architect and artist
- December 11 - Ken Woolley, 82, Australian architect
- December 19 - Stephen Jelicich, 92, Croatian born New Zealand architect