Get 2060s essential facts below. View Videos
or join the 2060s discussion
. Add 2060s
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
The 2060s (pronounced "twenty-sixties") is a decade of the Gregorian calendar that will begin on January 1, 2060, and will end on December 31, 2069.
- November 11 – Transit of Mercury
- November 22 12:45 UTC -- Venus will occult Jupiter. It will be very difficult to observe from Earth, because the elongation of Venus and Jupiter from the Sun at this time will be only 7 degrees. This event will be the first occultation of a planet by another since January 3, 1818; however the next will occur less than two years later, on July 15, 2067.
- The UK is projected to have at least half a million people aged over 100.
- February 15 – Assuming no further extensions to the term of copyrights become law in the interim, all sound recordings fixed before February 15, 1972, will enter the public domain in the U.S.
- July 15 11:56 UTC -- Mercury will occult Neptune. This rare event will be very difficult to observe from Earth.
- October – A METI message Cosmic Call 1 sent from the 70-meter Eupatoria Planetary Radar arrives at its destination, star HD 178428.
- The Helium Centennial Time Columns Monument is expected to be opened 100 years after the time capsule was locked in 1968.
- According to futurist David Passig, there will be an undersea city by 2068.
Religious and spiritual speculation
- Isaac Newton predicted that the world, according to his interpretation of the Bible, would end no sooner than 2060.