Get 50 Number essential facts below. View Videos
or join the 50 Number discussion
. Add 50 Number
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
50 (fifty) is the natural number following 49 and preceding 51.
Fifty is the smallest number that is the sum of two non-zero square numbers in two distinct ways: 50 = 12 + 72 = 52 + 52. It is also the sum of three squares, 50 = 32 + 42 + 52, and the sum of four squares, 50 = 62 + 32 + 22 + 12. It is a Harshad number.
There is no solution to the equation ?(x) = 50, making 50 a nontotient. Nor is there a solution to the equation x − ?(x) = 50, making 50 a noncototient.
- In Kabbalah, there are 50 Gates of Wisdom (or Understanding) and 50 Gates of Impurity
- The traditional number of years in a jubilee period.
- The Christian Feast of Pentecost takes place on the 50th day of the Easter Season
In other fields
- There are 50 states in the United States of America. The TV show Hawaii Five-O and its reimagined version, Hawaii Five-0, are so called because Hawaii is the last (50th) of the states to officially become a state.
- 5-O (Five-Oh) - Slang for police officers and/or a warning that police are approaching. Derived from the television show Hawaii Five-O
- A calibre of ammunition (0.50 inches: see .50 BMG)
- In millimetres, the focal length of the normal lens in 35 mm photography
- The percentage (50%) equivalent to one half, so that the phrase "fifty-fifty" commonly expresses something divided equally in two; in business this is often denoted as being the ultimate in equal partnership
- In years of marriage, the gold or "golden" wedding anniversary
- Nickname 50 Cent, a rapper.
- A Canadian brand of beer called 50 Ale created in 1950 by Labatt breweries to commemorate 50 years of partnership. It is a popular brand still sold today.
- The speed limit, in kilometres per hour, of Australian and Canadian roads with unspecified limits.
- In the 1994 action movie Speed, which depicts a Los Angeles cop (Keanu Reeves), who must rescue civilians on a bus that has a bomb rigged to it which will detonate if the bus's speed drops below 50 mph.