Get AL.com essential facts below. View Videos
or join the AL.com discussion
. Add AL.com
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
This is a list of subsidiaries of the American media company Advance Publications Inc.
- AL.com and GulfLive.com
Business journals and periodicals
Condé Nast Digital
- POP (acquired 2013)
- 1010data (acquired 2015)
- Pitchfork (acquired 2015)
- reddit.com: "Reddit used to be owned by Condé Nast, but in 2011 it was moved out from under Condé Nast to Advance Publications, which is Condé Nast's parent company. Then in 2012, Reddit was spun out into a re-incorporated independent entity with its own board and control of its own finances, hiring a new CEO and bringing back co-founder Alexis Ohanian to serve on the board. Reddit has 3 sets of shareholders: The largest shareholder is still Advance Publications. The second-largest set of shareholders are Reddit employees. In the spin-out that occurred in early 2012, Advance voluntarily reduced its sole ownership to that of a partial owner in order to put ownership in the hands of current and future employees. The third and smallest fraction consists of a set of angel investors."
- Charter Communications shareholder following May 2016 merger of Bright House Networks
- Discovery Communications shareholder
Former and defunct divisions
Formerly-owned television stations
Stations are listed alphabetically by state and city of license.
- (**) - Indicates a station that was built and signed-on by Advance/Newhouse.