Get Apostolos Athanassakis essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Apostolos Athanassakis discussion
. Add Apostolos Athanassakis
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Apostolos N. Athanassakis (Greek: ?) is a classical scholar and formerly Argyropoulos Chair in Hellenic Studies at the University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB). Professor Athanassakis, or "Professor A" as he is often referred to by students, served as the faculty in residence in Manzanita Village. Athanassakis taught at UCSB for nearly 30 years in the Classics Department. From 1984 to 1986 he served as head of the Humanities Division at the University of Crete, in Greece.
- Apocolocyntosis divi Claudii (translation, introduction and commentary, 1973)
- The Homeric Hymns (translation, introduction and notes). Baltimore, MD; Johns Hopkins University Press, 1976. ISBN 0-8018-1792-7
- Vita Sancti Pachomii (translation and introduction, 1977)
- Hesiod: Theogony, Works and Days and Shield of Heracles (translation, introduction and commentary, 1983)
- Essays on Hesiod, Volume I (editor, 1992)
- Essays on Hesiod, Volume II (editor and contributor, 1993)
- Antony of Choziba, The Life of Saint George of Choziba and the Miracles of the Most Holy Mother of God at Choziba (ed. with Tim Vivian, 1993)
- The Life of St. Anthony (with Tim Vivian, 2003)
- The Orphic Hymns: Text, Translation and Notes, Society of Biblical Literature, 1988