Get Aquatic Sports essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Aquatic Sports discussion
. Add Aquatic Sports
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
A variety of water sports
In the water
- Artistic or Synchronised swimming consists of swimmers performing a synchronised routine of elaborate moves in the water, accompanied by music.
- Diving, the sport of jumping off springboards or platforms into water
- Modern pentathlon includes épée fencing, pistol shooting, swimming, a show jumping course on horseback, and cross country running
- Rescue swimming is swimming with the goal to rescue other swimmers
- Snorkeling is the practice of swimming at the surface (typically of the sea) being equipped with a mask, fins, and a short tube called a snorkel.
- Swimming, including pool swimming and open water swimming
- Synchronized diving
- Triathlon, a multi-sport event involving the completion of three continuous and sequential endurance events, usually a combination of swimming, cycling and running
- Water aerobics is aerobics in the water.
- Water polo is a sport of two teams played in water with a ball.
On the water
Sit-down hydrofoiling is riding on the water with a hydrofoil attached to a ski