Get Arae in Numidia essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Arae in Numidia discussion
. Add Arae in Numidia
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Arae in Numidia
Arae in Numidia (also spelled Aræ in Numidia) was an Ancient city and bishopric in Roman Africa, which remains a Latin Catholic titular see.
Its modern location is presumed in present Algeria.
The city was important enough in the Roman province of Numidia to become one of its many suffragan bishoprics, but like most faded.
The diocese was nominally restored in the 20th century as a Latin Catholic titular bishopric (also named Are di Numidia in Curiate Italian).
It has had the following incumbents, of the fitting episcopal (lowest) rank and of the intermediary (archiepiscopal) rank :
- Titular Bishop José Gabriel Diaz Cueva(1964.01.13 - 1968.06.26)
- Titular Archbishop Endre Hamvas (1969.01.10 - 1970.04.04)
- Titular Bishop José Gea Escolano (1971.03.25 - 1976.09.10)
- Titular Archbishop Martino Giusti (1984.05.24 - 1987.12.01)
- Titular Bishop John Gabriel (1988.01.30 - 1989.12.07)
- Titular Bishop Thomas Dabre (1990.04.02 - 1998.05.22)
- Titular Archbishop Paul Dahdah, Discalced Carmelites (O.C.D.) (1999.07.30 - ), Apostolic Vicar of Beirut (Lebanon)