Get Big Joe Reggae essential facts below,
or join the Big Joe Reggae discussion
. Add Big Joe Reggae
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Big Joe Reggae
Big Joe (born Joseph Spalding; 1955) is a Jamaican reggae deejay and record producer, who recorded extensively in the 1970s and early 1980s.
Spalding was born in Kingston, Jamaica in 1955, and began his recording career in the early 1970s working with producer Harry Mudie. He then worked with producer Winston Edwards and had a hit single with "Selassie Skank". He moved on to record for Coxsone Dodd at Studio One and set up his own Small Axe Hi Fi sound system and a record label. In the 2000s Spalding had success as a hip hop producer and recording engineer.
- Keep Rocking And Swinging (1976) Celluloid
- At The Control (1978) Live & Love
- African Princess (1978) Thompson Sound/Trojan
- ^ a b Larkin, Colin (1998) The Virgin Encyclopedia of Reggae, Virgin Books, ISBN 0-7535-0242-9, p.24-25
- ^ a b c d Moskowitz, David V. (2006) Caribbean Music: an Encyclopedia of Reggae, Mento, Ska, Rock Steady, and Dancehall, Greenwood Press, ISBN 0-313-33158-8, p.29