|Bloodshy & Avant|
Karlsson (right) and Winnberg (left) performing in Södertälje
, Sweden, March 2011
|Böz o Lö, , Robotberget|
|Genres||Pop, dance, |
|DJs, record producers, songwriters|
|Britney Spears, Miike Snow, Henrik Jonback, Nicole Morier, Amason, Galantis|
Bloodshy & Avant are a Swedish songwriting and production duo of Christian Karlsson (Bloodshy) and Pontus Winnberg (Avant).
They have worked with many pre-eminent artists, including: Britney Spears, Kylie Minogue, Ms. Dynamite, Madonna, Jennifer Lopez, Katy Perry, Kelis, Girls' Generation, Christina Milian, Sky Ferreira, Utada and BoA. In addition to their production work, Karlsson and Winnberg are also members of the synthpop group Miike Snow. Also, Christian is one half of the electronic dance music duo Galantis and Pontus is a member of the band Amason.
Original songs and production
Bloodshy and Avant scored their first success working with American singer/songwriter Christina Milian for her début album. The collaboration resulted in two hit singles, "AM to PM," and "When You Look at Me," both of which hit number three on the UK Singles Chart.
They were then commissioned to work with UK hip-hop singer/rapper, Ms. Dynamite and BRIT Award-winning English pop group Sugababes. The collaboration with Ms. Dynamite resulted in several tracks which appeared on her début album, A Little Deeper, including her hit début single, "It Takes More". They also produced tracks for her 2005 second release, Judgement Days.
Bloodshy and Avant co-wrote and produced two songs which appeared on Britney Spears' 2003 album In the Zone: the hit single, "Toxic", that merited a Grammy award; and "Showdown". They also produced all the three new songs on her 2004 Greatest Hits: My Prerogative album and the theme song for Britney & Kevin: Chaotic series. They subsequently worked with Spears on her fifth studio album, Blackout, for which they collaborated with Spears on four songs: the hit single, "Piece of Me", "Radar", "Freakshow" and "Toy Soldier"; and again on her 2008 follow-up album Circus, for which they produced the songs "Unusual You", "Phonography" and "Trouble", the latter two appeared only as bonus tracks. Bloodshy alone co-produced two songs for Britney Spears' 7th studio album Femme Fatale, "How I Roll" and "Trip to Your Heart".
The duo co-wrote and co-produced two tracks with Madonna, "How High" and "Like It or Not", for her 2005 Confessions on a Dance Floor album.
In 2007, for Kylie Minogue's 10th studio album X, Bloodshy and Avant co-wrote and produced "Speakerphone", "Nu-di-ty" and "Cherry Bomb", the latter appeared only on CD singles.
In 2008, Bloodshy and Avant produced few songs for BoA's English début BoA.
A year later they produced "Chocolate Love" for South Korean girl groups Girls' Generation and f(x).
In 2010 Bloodshy signed Sky Ferreira and produced songs like "One", "17" and "Haters Anonymous"
Remixes and other projects
Bloodshy & Avant have also gained fame by remixes. They have remixed songs from Britney Spears (Songs they also wrote and produced the originals of) including a remix for "Piece of Me" which charted number one on the US Billboard Hot Club Play chart. Also other remixes for "Toxic" and "Me Against the Music" have topped the US Billboard charts.
Outside of being Bloodshy and Avant, Christian and Pontus are in a band together with Andrew Wyatt called Miike Snow. They also run a label called Ändersson with signed artists and musicians including Little Majorette, Sky Ferreira and Meadow (a project with their friends Sebastian Ingrosso and Steve Angello. They are also working on the music for a videogame with EA Games/Dice to be released in 2010.
Winnberg is a member of a band called Amason together with Gustav Ejstes, Idiot Wind (Amanda Bergman Mattson), Nils Törnqvist and Petter Winnberg.
Karlsson and Linus Eklöw comprise the band Galantis. Wyatt and Winnberg were among 13 founding members of Swedish artist collective and record label INGRID.
Bloodshy and Avant own a studio based in a 150-year-old fire station in the middle of Söder, Stockholm.
Studio Gear & Recording Equipment
- Roland System
- Korg MS-20
- Korg VC-10 Vocoder
- Yamaha CP80
- Ondes Martenot
- Theremin by Leon Theremin
- Viggen Debutant
- August Hoffman Piano
- RCA BA25
- Gates Sta-Level
- Chandler LTD1, LTD2, TG1, TG2
- SSL Bus Compressor
- API 1608
- LM Ericsson Preamps
- EMT 240
- AKG BX20
- Roland Space Echo
- AKG C12
- AKG C24
- Neumann M49
- Neumann SM2
- Coles 4038
- ASCAP Award for Most Performed Song - "Toxic" - 2005 
- ASCAP Award - "Toxic" - 2004
- Grammy Award - Best Dance Recording - "Toxic" - 2005
- Ivor Novello Award - Performing Right Society (PRS) Most Performed Work - "Toxic" - 2005
- Swedish Government - Music Export Award 2007
- SMFF Award - 2006
MishCatt - EP (produced by Avant)
From Miike Snow's iii
- "My Trigger"
- "The Heart of Me"
- "Genghis Khan"
- "Heart Is Full"
- "For U" (featuring Charli XCX)
- "I Feel the Weight"
- "Back of the Car"
- "Lonely Life"
- "Over and Over"
- "Longshot (7 Nights)"
- "Sparks" - produced by Bloodshy
- "Die Tonight" - written by Avant
- "Love Me" - produced by Bloodshy
From Miike Snow's Happy to You
- "Enter the Joker's Lair"
- "The Wave"
- "Devil's Work"
- God Help This Divorce"
- "Bavarian #1 (Say You Will)"
- "Black Tin Box" (featuring Lykke Li)
- "Paddling Out"
From Depeche Mode's Remixes 81-11
- "Tora Tora Tora" Karlsson & Winnberg remix
- "When the body speaks" Karlsson & Winnberg remix
From Sky Ferreira's As If!
- "Haters Anonymous"
From Britney Spears' Femme Fatale
- "How I Roll" produced by Bloodshy
- "Trip to Your Heart" produced by Bloodshy
- "Sabali" Amadou & Mariam - Miike Snow remix
From Miike Snow's Miike Snow Deluxe Version
- "The Rabbit"
- "Silvia" (Robotberget Remix)
From Dangerous Muse's Take Control
- "I Want It All"
From Miike Snow's Miike Snow
- "Song for No One"
- "Black & Blue"
- "Sans Soleil"
- "A Horse Is Not a Home"
- "Cult Logic"
- "Plastic Jungle"
- "In Search Of"
- "Billie Holiday" (bonus track)
From f(x)'s Chocolate Love
- "Chocolate Love (Electronic Pop Ver.)"
From Girls' Generation's Chocolate Love
- "Chocolate Love (Retro Pop Ver.)"
From BoA's Best & USA
From BoA's BoA
From Lisa's Got that Fever
From Maroon 5's Call and Response: The Remix Album
From Britney Spears' Circus
From Crystal Kay's Namida no Saki ni (; Beyond the Tears)
From Crystal Kay's Color Change!
From Sean Garrett's Turbo 919
From Leon Jean Marie's Bent out of shape
- "You Must Know"
- "Bring It On"
- "East End Blues"
- "Jumpin Off the Block"
- Spiss - "My Slang"
From Britney Spears' Blackout
- "Piece of Me" (UK #2, US #18) 3 time VMA winner
- "Radar" (co-produced by The Clutch) (US #88, SWE #8)
- "Toy Soldier"
- "Piece of Me" (Böz o Lö remix) (US club play #1)
- "Radar" (Bloodshy & Avant remix)
From Jennifer Lopez's Brave
- "Brave" (Bloodshy radio edit)
From Jordin Sparks' Jordin Sparks
- "See My Side"
- "Shy Boy"
- "Young and in Love"
From Kevin Michael
- "We All Want the Same Thing" featuring Lupe Fiasco
- "Lollipop" (unreleased)
From Kylie Minogue's X
- "Cherry Bomb" b-side to "Wow" and "In My Arms" single
From the soundtrack Music and Lyrics: Music from the Motion Picture
From Kelis' Kelis Was Here
- "Fire" featuring Spragga Benz
From Natalie's Everything New
From Belinda's Utopia
From Jamelia's Walk With Me
From Britney Spears' Someday (I Will Understand) - CD Single and Britney & Kevin: Chaotic (EP)
From Brooke Valentine's Chain Letter
- "Blah-Blah-Blah" featuring Ol Dirty Bastard
- "American Girl"
- "Thrill of the Chase"
From Madonna's Confessions on a Dancefloor
- "How High"
- "Like It or Not"
From Rob Thomas' ...Something to Be
From Utada's Exodus
From Britney Spears' Greatest Hits: My Prerogative
From Christina Milian's It's About Time
From Ms. Dynamite's Judgement Days
- "Not Today" (#7 UK)
- "Shavaar" (#7 UK)
From Britney Spears' In the Zone
- "Toxic" (UK #1, US #9) Grammy award winner
- "Me Against the Music" (Bloodshy & Avant's Chix mix) (US club play #1)
- "Me Against the Music" (featuring Madonna) (Bloodshy & Avant "Dubbie Style" remix)
- "Toxic" (Bloodshy & Avant's Intoxicated remix) (US club play #1)
- "Take Off" (unreleased)
- "Look Who's Talking Now" (unreleased)
From Rachel Stevens' Funky Dory
From Billy Crawford's Ride
- "The Way She Rocks My World" (bonus track)
From Ruby Amanfu's Sugah
From Lene Nystrøm's Play With Me
From Christina Milian's Christina Milian
- "AM to PM" (#3 UK, #27 US)
- "When You Look at Me" (#3 UK)
- "You Make Me Laugh"
- "Got to Have You"
- "Last Call"
- "Snooze You Lose"
From Ms. Dynamite's A Little Deeper
- "It Takes More" (Bloodshy Main mix) - (#7 UK)
- "Put Him Out" - (A Little Deeper) (#28 UK)
- "Krazy Krush"
- "Get Up, Stand Up"
From Sugababes' Angels with Dirty Faces
From Samantha Mumba's The Collection