Get Counts of Eu essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Counts of Eu discussion
. Add Counts of Eu
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Counts of Eu
This is a list of the counts of Eu, a French fief in the Middle Ages.
House of Normandy
Arms of the Counts of Eu, House of Normandy: D'azur, au lion d'or,l'écu semé de billettes d'or
- 996-1015: Geoffrey, also Count of Brionne, illegitimate son of Duke Richard I of Normandy
- 1015-1040: Gilbert, also Count of Brionne, son of the previous
- 1040-1050 (approximate): William I, brother of Geoffrey
- William Busac, son of the previous, 1050-1053 (approximate)
- Robert I, also Lord of Hastings, son of William I, 1053-1093
- William II, also Lord of Hastings, son of Robert, 1093-1096
- Henry I, also Lord of Hastings, son of William II, 1096-1140
- John, also Lord of Hastings, son of Henry I, 1140-1170
- Henry II, also Lord of Hastings, son of John, 1170-1191
- Alix, Countess of Eu and Lady of Hastings, daughter of Henry II, 1191-1246.
House of Lusignan
House of Brienne
Raoul IV was accused of treason in 1350, and the county was confiscated. The county was then given to John of Artois.
House of Artois
House of Bourchier
House of Burgundy-Nevers
House of Cleves
House of Guise
In 1660, he sold Eu to the duchesse de Montpensier.
House of Montpensier
She sold it in 1681 to the duc du Maine.
House of Bourbon
The title was used by the House of Bourbon du Maine till 1775 when that house became extinct. It then passed over to the cousins of the du Maines: the House of Bourbon-Penthièvre
House of Orléans