Get Counts of Soissons essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Counts of Soissons discussion
. Add Counts of Soissons
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Counts of Soissons
This is a list of those who bore the title Count of Soissons (French: Comte de Soissons) and ruled Soissons and its civitas or diocese as a county in the Middle Ages. The title continued in use into modern times, but without ties to the actual Soissonnais.
- 988–1047 Adelise, daughter of the previous.
- 1141–1178 Yves II le Vieux (the Old), great-grandson of William Busac
- 1178–1180 Conon, nephew of the previous
- 1180–1235 Raoul le Bon, brother of the previous
- 1235–1270 John II le Bègue (the Stammerer), son of the previous
- 1270–1284 John III, son of the previous
- 1284–1289 John IV, son of the previous
- 1289–1298 John V, son of the previous
- 1298–1306 Hugh, brother of the previous
- 1306–1344 Margaret, daughter of the previous.
After the Battle of Poitiers, Louis III sold the County of Soissons to Engeurrand VII in order to ransom his brother Guy.