Duet (Stan Kenton and June Christy Album)
Get Duet Stan Kenton and June Christy Album essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Duet Stan Kenton and June Christy Album discussion
. Add Duet Stan Kenton and June Christy Album
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Duet Stan Kenton and June Christy Album
Duet is an album by vocalist June Christy and pianist Stan Kenton with featuring performances of jazz standards recorded in 1955 and released on the Capitol label.
The Allmusic review by Stephen Cook noted "Kenton exercises unexpected restraint throughout, shading Christy's dramatically cool delivery with snatches of Ellington color and chamber music formality".
- "Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye" (Cole Porter) - 3:48
- "Lonely Woman" (Benny Carter, Ray Sonin) - 5:54
- "Just the Way I Am" (Bobby Troup) - 3:52
- "You're Mine, You" (Johnny Green, Edward Heyman) - 3:10
- "Angel Eyes" (Matt Dennis, Earl Brent) - 4:19
- "Come to the Party" (Joe Greene) - 3:09
- "Baby, Baby All the Time" (Troup) - 2:20
- "We Kiss in a Shadow" (Richard Rodgers, Oscar Hammerstein II) - 1:54
- "How Long Has This Been Going On?" (George Gershwin, Ira Gershwin) - 4:56
- "Prelude to a Kiss" (Duke Ellington, Irving Gordon, Irving Mills) - 3:40 Bonus track on CD reissue
- "Thanks for You" (Bernie Hanighen, Marvin Wright) - 3:09 Bonus track on CD reissue
- Recorded at Capitol Studios in Hollywood, CA on May 7, 1955 (track 8-10), May 9, 1955 (tracks 2, 3 & 5-7) and May 19, 1955 (tracks 1, 4 & 9)
- ^ Vosbein, P. Stan Kenton Discography accessed April 16, 2016
- ^ Watts, R., Edwards, D., Eyries, P. and Callahan, M. Capitol Album Discography, Part 5: 600-2999 (1955-1968) accessed April 16, 2016
- ^ The Capitol Sessions of Stan Kenton: 1955 accessed April 16, 2016
- ^ a b Cook, Stephen. Duet - Review at AllMusic. Retrieved April 11, 2016.