Get GNU Solfege essential facts below. View Videos
or join the GNU Solfege discussion
. Add GNU Solfege
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
GNU Solfege is an ear training program written in Python intended to help musicians improve their skills and knowledge. It is free software and part of the GNU Project.
GNU Solfege is available for Linux,Windows, and OS X.
- Recognize melodic and harmonic intervals
- Compare interval sizes
- Sing the intervals the computer asks for
- Identify chords
- Sing chords
- Sing tone from chords: root, third, fifth, etc.
- Rhythm dictation
- Remembering rhythmic patterns
- Theory: name intervals and scales
- Identify harmonic progressions
This software was made in such way that it is possible for the user to customize the existing exercises or create new ones.
- ^ Höpfner, Hagen (2006). "Learning music with GNU Solfege 3.0.0: Musical Training". Linux Magazine (62): 54-55.