Get Habib Hassan Touma essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Habib Hassan Touma discussion
. Add Habib Hassan Touma
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Habib Hassan Touma
Habib Hassan Touma (Arabic: ? ??) (December 12, 1934 - 1998) was an Israeli Arab composer and ethnomusicologist. He lived for many years in Berlin. He authored a number of books, essays and articles on Arabic music. He was also a book review editor at the International Institute for Traditional Music in Berlin, Germany.
- The Music of the Arabs, trans. Laurie Schwartz. Portland, Oregon: Amadeus Press. (1996). ISBN 0-931340-88-8
- The Maqam Phenomenon: An Improvisational Technique in the Music of the Middle East (1971)
- Maqam Bayati, Israel Music Publications.
- Rhapsodie Orientale, Israel Music Publications.
- Study #1 (For Flute), Israel Music Publications.
- Study #2 "Combinations" (For Flute), Israel Music Publications.
- "Taqsim" for solo piano, Israel Music Publications
- "Suite Arabe" for solo piano, Israel Music Publications
- ^ Hemetek (2014), pp. 27, 45 n.1