Get Hans Hass Award essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Hans Hass Award discussion
. Add Hans Hass Award
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Hans Hass Award
The Hans Hass Award was founded in 2002 by Leslie Leaney from Historical Diving Society in United States. It is awarded in Recognition of Contribution Made to the Advancement of Our Knowledge of the Ocean.
The criteria for nomination requires that individuals or organisations who, in the spirit of Hans Hass' pioneering work in the fields of underwater science, technology, arts and literature, have excelled at an international level in any of those fields. It is presented by the Historical Diving Society USA and since 2013 sponsored by the famed Swiss watch manufacturer Blancpain.
- 2003: Ernie Brooks II (USA), Photographer
- 2004: James Cameron (USA), Diver and Filmmaker
- 2005: Daniel Mercier, (France), Underwater Film and Photography
- 2006: Stan Waterman, (USA), Underwater Film and Photography
- 2007: Bev Morgan, (USA), Dive equipment manufacturer
- 2010: Sylvia Earle, (USA), marine scientist
- 2013: Laurent Ballesta, (France), technical diver and film maker
- 2014: Weicheng Cui, (China), designer of deep ocean submersible Jiaolong and deep ocean technology
- 2016: Howard and Michele Hall, (USA), Underwater Film and Photography
- 2018: Franz Bruemmer, (Germany), marine scientist and President of Verband Deutscher Sporttaucher (VDST)