Get In the Night Ballet essential facts below. View Videos
or join the In the Night Ballet discussion
. Add In the Night Ballet
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
In the Night Ballet
In the Night is a ballet in one act made by New York City Ballet ballet master Jerome Robbins to nocturnes of Frédéric Chopin. The premiere took place on Thursday, January 29, 1970 at the New York State Theater, Lincoln Center, with costumes by Anthony Dowell and lighting by Jennifer Tipton. Robbins created three other ballets to Chopin's music: The Concert (1956), Dances at a Gathering (1969), and Other Dances (1976), made on Mikhail Baryshnikov and Natalia Makarova.
Premiered March 18th, 1992
Premiered July 10th, 2010
- NY Times, Jack Anderson, January 14, 1986
- NY Times, Anna Kisselgoff, June 8, 1994
- NY Times, Jennifer Dunning, May 2, 2000
- NY Times, Claudia La Rocco, February 11, 2006
- Playbill, NYCB, Thursday, June 5, 2008
- Repertory Week, NYCB, Winter season, 2008 repertory, week 6