Get John III, Count of Ligny essential facts below. View Videos
or join the John III, Count of Ligny discussion
. Add John III, Count of Ligny
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
John III, Count of Ligny
John III, Count of Ligny (d. 1 July 1576) was the eldest son of Count Anthony II and his wife Margaret of Savoy. He succeeded his father as Count of Brienne and Ligny in 1557.
John married Wilhelmina (d. 1592), the daughter of Duke Robert IV of Bouillon. Together, they had the following children:
- Charles II (1562-1608), his successor, elevated to Duke of Brienne in 1587
- Margaret (1562-1566)
- Francis (1563-1576), succeeded Charles II as Count of Ligny. Father of Henry III, Count of Ligny.
- Diana (d. 1624), married:
- Louis of Plusquelec, Count of Kerman
- Justus of Pontailler, Baron of Pleurs
- Louise (1567-1647), married:
- Baron George of Casaubon
- Bernard of Béon, Seigneur de Massez