Get Kuznetsov NK-8 essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Kuznetsov NK-8 discussion
. Add Kuznetsov NK-8
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
The NK-8 was a low-bypass turbofan engine built by the Kuznetsov Design Bureau, in the 90 kN (20,000 lbf) thrust class. It powered production models of the Ilyushin Il-62 and the Tupolev Tu-154A and B models.
- 93.2 kN (20,950 lbf) (Tupolev Tu-154)
- 103.0 kN (23,150 lbf) (Ilyushin Il-62)
Data from Jane's all the World's Aircraft 1982-83.
- Type: Two-shaft turbofan
- Length: 4,762 mm (187.5 in)
- Diameter: 1,442 mm (56.8 in)
- Dry weight: 2,100 kg (4,600 lb)
- Compressor: Two stage axial fan, two-stage IP compressor, six-stage HP compressor
- Combustors: Annular (139 burners)
- Turbine: Single-stage HP turbine, two-stage LP turbine
- Fuel type: Avtur
- Oil system: Pressure feed
- ^ Taylor, John W.R., ed. (1983). Jane's all the World's Aircraft 1982-83. London: Jane's Publishing Company. p. 752. ISBN 978-0-7106-0748-5.