Get Les S%C5%93urs Boulay essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Les S%C5%93urs Boulay discussion
. Add Les S%C5%93urs Boulay
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Les S%C5%93urs Boulay
Les Soeurs Boulay (The Boulay Sisters) are a Canadian folk music group from Quebec, consisting of sisters Stéphanie and Mélanie Boulay. Originally from the Gaspésie, they are currently based in Montreal.
The Boulay sisters released their full-length debut album, Le poids des confettis, on Grosse Boîte in early 2013. Their song "Mappemonde" was a shortlisted nominee for the 2013 SOCAN Songwriting Prize, and the album was a longlisted nominee for the 2013 Polaris Music Prize. That year the pair were nominated for GAMIQ awards in seven categories.
The duo toured around Quebec in support of their album, singing and playing guitar and ukulele.
They released the follow-up 4488 de l'amour in October 2015. The title track received airplay on east coast radio stations. They continued touring, but in larger venues as their fan base grew.
In late 2017 the sisters took a break from touring because of Mélanie's pregnancy.
- Les poids des confettis (2013)
- 4488 de l'amour (2015)
- La mort des étoiles (2019) - No. 23 Canada
- ^ a b c "Les Soeurs Boulay a sister act in harmony". The Gazette, March 25, 2013.
- ^ "Polaris Music Prize Unveils 2013 Long List". Exclaim!, June 13, 2012.
- ^ "Les Soeurs Boulay récoltent 7 nominations au prochain GAMIQ". Huffington Post, 01/10/2013
- ^ "Home is where the truth is for Les Soeurs Boulay". Montreal Gazette, Erik Leijon, October 15, 2015
- ^ "CHSR 97.9 MHz - Fredericton Top 30". !earshot. For the Week Ending: Tuesday, January 12, 2016
- ^ "Les Soeurs Boulay au Club Soda: pareilles, pas pareilles". Le Devoir, Sylvain Cormier, 10 November 2017
- ^ "Les soeurs Boulay annulent tous leurs spectacles d'ici les Fêtes". CBC Radio-Canada, 21 November 2017.
- ^ "Post Malone Has This Week's No. 1 Album". FYIMusicNews. 16 September 2019. Retrieved 2019.