Lester E. "Bubba" Carpenter (born September 1, 1970) is a Republican member of the Mississippi House of Representatives, representing the First District of Mississippi since 2008.
In the Legislature, he is active in these committees: Interstate Cooperation, of which he serves as Vice Chairman, Banking and Financial Services, Corrections, County Affairs, Medicaid, Municipalities, and Tourism. District 1 covers portions of Tishomingo and Alcorn counties of Mississippi.
A paramedic by profession, Carpenter also serves as President of the Burnsville Area Chamber of Commerce, and is a member of the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians and the Tishomingo County Economic Development Board. He graduated from Burnsville High School in Burnsville, Mississippi, attended Northeast Mississippi Community College in Booneville, Mississippi, and completed paramedic school at Wallace State Community College in Hanceville, Alabama. He is a veteran of the 155th Armored Brigade, Mississippi Army National Guard, with service in Operation Desert Storm in 1991.
Carpenter is a lifelong resident of Burnsville, Mississippi; he is of the Baptist faith, is married, and has one child.
- ^ a b c Bobby Harrison: "State House candidates: Other House races in Northeast Mississippi to be decided" in Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal, Jackson Bureau, NEMS360.com - State House candidates Other House races in Northeast Mississippi to be decided, http://nems360.com/view/full_story/16226779/article-State-House-candidates--Other-House-races-in-Northeast-Mississippi-to-be-decided?instance=home_news_bullets, October 31, 2011.
- ^ Jebb Johnston: "Nail-biters: Bain, Parks take legislative seats" in The Daily Corinthian, http://www.dailycorinthian.com/view/full_story/16338151/article-Nail-biters--Bain--Parks-take-legislative-seats?instance=main_story_left, November 9, 2011.
- ^ Mississippi Secretary of State: 2011 General Election Statewide Sample Ballot, http://www.sos.ms.gov/links/elections/home/tab1/G11%20Sample%20Ballot.pdf, accessed November 9, 2011.
- ^ a b c Vote MS.org: Biographical Profile for Leslie L. "Lester" Carpenter, http://vote-ms.org/intro.aspx?state=ms&id=mscarpenterlester, accessed November 8, 2011.
- ^ a b Campaign Card back in Album: Photos of Bubba Carpenter, Mississippi House of Representatives, District 1, in Campaign Materials; Shared with: Public, https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=pu.242653115749415&type=1, accessed November 11, 2011.
- ^ VoteSmart.org: Biography, Representative Lester 'Bubba' E. Carpenter, http://www.votesmart.org/candidate/biography/69848, accessed November 8, 2011.