Get Luck Be A Lady essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Luck Be A Lady discussion
. Add Luck Be A Lady
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Luck Be A Lady
"Luck Be a Lady" is a song written and composed by Frank Loesser in 1950 and first performed by Robert Alda. The song was featured in the musical Guys and Dolls. The lyrics relate the point of view of a gambler, Sky Masterson, who hopes that he will win a bet, the outcome of which will decide whether or not he is able to save his relationship with the girl of his dreams.
Notable uses and recordings
In popular culture
- In December 2011, Cîroc began airing an advertising campaign featuring Sean Combs and others in scenes reminiscent of the original Rat Pack, with a recording of Frank Sinatra singing "Luck Be a Lady" playing throughout the commercial as mood music.
- Frank Sinatra's version features prominently in the film Mrs. Doubtfire (1993), when Robin Williams' character, Daniel Hillard, is given a makeover to "become" a woman.
- The song was used in the original sound track from The Cooler (2003), a movie which deals with casino life (and death) in Las Vegas.
- Frank Sinatra's version is used in the beginning of the romantic comedy film Think Like a Man Too (2014).
- An instrumental version of the song plays on a continuous loop in some MyVegas casino games.
- One line is sung by the Doctor in the Doctor Who episode, "Rose" (26 March 2005).
- Full House season 2, episodes 43 and 44, titled "Luck Be a Lady" (Parts 1 and 2), aired April 28, 1989 and May 5, 1989, respectively.
- A cover of the song features in Lucifer, sung by the titular character.
- "Luck Be a Lady" (October 24, 2017) is the title of season 4, episode 72 of The Flash.
- Brian Setzer performed the song on The L Words soundtrack in season 4, episode 6: "Luck Be a Lady" (February 11, 2007).
- The song is parodied in The Simpsons episode "Mayored to the Mob" (December 20, 1998), as "Luke be a Jedi".