Get Mick Jackson Director essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Mick Jackson Director discussion
. Add Mick Jackson Director
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Mick Jackson Director
Mick Jackson (born 4 October 1943) is an English film director and television producer. Between 1973 and 1987, Jackson directed many documentary and drama productions for BBC TV and Channel 4. Relocating to Hollywood, he directed feature films, including The Bodyguard starring Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston. In 2010, Jackson won an Emmy for Outstanding Directing for a Miniseries, Movie or a Dramatic Special for the dramatised biographical TV film Temple Grandin.
Television films directed by Jackson include:
- The Ascent of Man (1973), a 13-part documentary series written and presented by mathematician and historian of science Jacob Bronowski
- Connections (1978), a 10-part documentary series created with science historian James Burke
- The 1984 docufiction Threads, dramatising the aftermath of a nuclear war, with Karen Meagher and Reece Dinsdale.
- The 1986 docudrama Yuri Nosenko: Double Agent telling the true-life story of Yuri Nosenko, a top Soviet KGB agent who defected at the height of the Cold War in 1962, with Tommy Lee Jones.
- The 1987 docudrama Life Story, dramatising Watson and Crick's search for the structure of DNA with Jeff Goldblum and Tim Pigott-Smith
- The 1988 adaptation by Alan Plater of Chris Mullin's 1982 novel A Very British Coup, with Ray McAnally
- The 1995 docudrama Indictment: The McMartin Trial
- The 1999 adaptation of Mitch Albom's 1997 novel Tuesdays with Morrie, with Jack Lemmon
- The 2002 HBO film adaptation of Robert Wiener's non-fiction Live from Baghdad, with Michael Keaton and Helena Bonham Carter
- Covert One: The Hades Factor (2006), a CBS miniseries based on the novel by Robert Ludlum and Gayle Lynds
- Temple Grandin (2010), an HBO biography film, starring Claire Danes, Catherine O'Hara and Julia Ormond.
Theatrical films directed by Jackson include: