Get Moss FK essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Moss FK discussion
. Add Moss FK
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Moss Fotballklubb is a Norwegian football club, founded on 28 August 1906. They play in the 2. divisjon, the third highest division in the Norwegian football league system. They played in the Norwegian top flight between 1937-1939, 1953-1954, 1977-1985 (9 seasons), 1987-1990 (4 seasons), 1996 and 1998-2002. The club came close to earning promotion to the top flight in 2005, but lost the play-off against Molde.
Moss play their home games at Melløs stadion, which has a capacity of around 10 000. Because of national rules of professional license for top clubs in Norway, the stadium has only being certified for 3085 spectators. Built in 1939, it has remained the club's home ground ever since. The record attendance is 10,085, set in 2003 against rivals Fredrikstad. A higher attendance may have been achieved in 1976 in a match against Odd, but no precise figure exists for this match because the gates broke down after around 9500 spectators had shown up.
- As of 17 june 2020
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
European Cup appearances
- Greatest home victory: 7-0 vs. Steinkjer FK, June 17, 1978
- Greatest away victory: 9-1 vs. Borre IF, May 5, 2004
- Heaviest home loss: 1-6 vs. FK Bodø/Glimt, August 2, 2000
- Heaviest away loss: 0-8 vs. Molde FK, April 21, 1996
- Highest recorded attendance, Melløs stadion: 10,085 vs. Fredrikstad FK, October 26, 2003
- Highest average attendance, season: 5814, 1979
- Most appearances, total: 569, Geir Henæs
- Most appearances, Norwegian top flight: 227, Geir Henæs
- Most goals scored, Norwegian top flight: 78, Geir Henæs