Get Namuggala of Buganda essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Namuggala of Buganda discussion
. Add Namuggala of Buganda
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Namuggala of Buganda
|Ssekabaka Namuggala Kagali|
|Kabaka of Buganda|
|Reign||1741 - 1750|
|Predecessor||Mwanga I of Buganda|
|Successor||Kyabaggu of Buganda|
|Spouse||1. Nabakyaala Basuuta|
2. Lady Najjuka
3. Lady Nakangu
4. Lady Nalubowa
5. Lady Nalunga
6. Lady Nawaguma
|Father||Prince Musanje Golooba|
|Mother||Namasole Nabulya Naluggwa|
Namuggala Kagali was Kabaka of the Kingdom of Buganda, between 1741 and 1750. He was the twenty-fourth (24th) Kabaka of Buganda.
Claim to the throne
He was the second son of Prince Musanje Golooba. His mother was Nabulya Naluggwa of the Ndiga clan, the second of his father's wives. He ascended to the throne upon the death of his elder brother, Kabaka Mwanga I Sebanakitta, in 1741. He established his capital at Nansana.
He is recorded to have married six (6) wives:
- Naabakyaala Basuuta, the Kaddulubaale, daughter Masembe, of the Nsenene clan
- Najjuka, daughter of Gunju, of the Butiko clan
- Nakangu, daughter of Kagenda, of the Mamba clan
- Nalubowa, daughter of Seggiriinya, of the Ngo (Leopard) clan.
- Nalunga, daughter of Terwewalwa, of the Nvuma clan.
- Nawaguma, daughter of Kisuule, of the Tembo? clan
He is recorded to have fathered three sons:
- Prince (Omulangira) Kateregga, whose mother was Basuuta
- Prince (Omulangira) Ngabo, whose mother was Najjuka
- Prince (Omulangira) Kiboli, whose mother was Nawaguma
The final years
Kabaka Namuggala abdicated in favor of his younger brother, Kyabaggu Kabinuli, around 1750. He died, following an accidental fall on Nalubugo Hill, after his abdication. He was buried at Muyomba, Busiro.