Get Oakwood Health System essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Oakwood Health System discussion
. Add Oakwood Health System
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Oakwood Health System
The Oakwood Health System is a group of 4 hospitals and dozens of medical clinics across the Metro Detroit Area.
Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center
Oakwood provides acute, specialty, primary and preventative care services. With four acute care hospitals and more than 50 outpatient facilities, 9,000 employees and 1,300 physicians.
In 2014, Oakwood Health System merged with Beaumont Health System and Botsford Hospital to form Beaumont Health. The hospitals within the Oakwood Health System include:
Teen Health Centers
Youth in the community can receive healthcare through the Oakwood Teen Health Centers. They provide a wide variety of services through school-based and school-linked programs.
There are three teen health centers and two elementary school clinics:
- Oakwood Inkster Teen Health Center
- Oakwood Romulus Teen Health Center at Romulus High School
- Oakwood Taylor Teen Health Center Southgate, Michigan
- Jefferson-Barns Elementary School Clinic in Wayne-Westland
- Lincoln Elementary School Clinic in Wayne-Westland
- Jay Greene, "Hospital financial health mixed: Despite market gains, operating income drops for local systems," Crain's Detroit Business website, May 5, 2013, at http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20130505/NEWS/305059966/hospital-financial-health-mixed-despite-market-gains-operating .
- Moody's Investors Service website, at https://www.moodys.com/research/MOODYS-ASSIGNS-A2-RATING-TO-OAKWOOD-OBLIGATED-GROUPS-OAKWOOD-HEALTH--PR_242929 .
- Karen Bouffard, "Beaumont Health merger plans no hospital closures or layoffs," The Detroit News online, September 3, 2014, at http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/2014/09/03/oakwood-botsford-officials-finalize-details-of-beaumont-38b-merger-/15014697/ .