Get Pontic Disambiguation essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Pontic Disambiguation discussion
. Add Pontic Disambiguation
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Pontic, from the Greek pontos (, romanized: póntos), or "sea", may refer to:
The Black Sea
Languages and peoples
- Pontic Greeks, all Greek peoples from the shores of the Black Sea and Pontus
- Pontic Greek, a form of the Greek language originally spoken by the Pontic Greeks (see above)
- Pontic, as opposed to Caspian (which refers to the possibly related Nakho-Dagestanian or Northeast Caucasian languages), is sometimes used as a synonym for the Northwest Caucasian language family.
- Pontic languages, the hypothetical language family linking the Northwest Caucasian and Indo-European languages, and Proto-Pontic, the Pontic proto-language, is the reconstructed common ancestor of Proto-Northwest Caucasian and Proto-Indo-European.
- Pontic, a false tooth used within a dental bridge
- Pontic, formerly known as Mutual FC, a Hong Kong Second Division League association football team