Get Protozoology essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Protozoology discussion
. Add Protozoology
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Protozoology is the study of protozoa, the "animal-like" (i.e., motile and heterotrophic) protists.
This term has become dated as understanding of the evolutionary relationships of the eukaryotes has improved. For example, the Society of Protozoologists, founded in 1947, was renamed International Society of Protistologists in 2005. However, the term persists in some cases (e.g., the Polish journal Acta Protozoologica).
Example:- Study of Amoeba and plasmodium done this branch
- The Society of Protozoologists
- Corliss, J. O. (1978). A salute to fifty-four great microscopists of the past: a pictorial footnote to the history of protozoology. Part I. Transactions of the American Microscopical Society, 97: 419-458, .
- Corliss, J. O. (1979). A salute to fifty-four great microscopists of the past: a pictorial footnote to the history of protozoology. Part II. Transactions of the American Microscopical Society, 98: 26-58, .
- Corliss, J. O. (1997). Some Important Anniversaries in the History of Protozoology. Rev. Soc. Mex. Hist. Nat. 47: 5-17, .
- Vickerman, K., Sleigh, M., Leadbetter, B., & McCready, S. (2000). A Century of Protozoology in Britain. British Section of the Society of Protozoologists, London, .
- Wolf, M., & Hausmann, K. (2001). Protozoology from the perspective of science theory: history and concept of a biological discipline. Linzer biol. Beitr. 33: 461-488, .