Robert John Baptist Noel (born 15 October 1962) is an Officer of Arms (Herald) at the College of Arms in London.
The younger son of The Hon. Gerard Eyre Wriothesley Noel, of Westington Mill, Chipping Campden, a barrister, he is in remainder to his grandfather's earldom.
Robert Noel was educated at Ampleforth College, Exeter College, Oxford (MA) and St Edmund's College, Cambridge (MPhil), before training as a shipbroker, then as a library assistant at the College of Arms before joining the auctioneers, Christie's of London. He was appointed Bluemantle Pursuivant of Arms at the College of Arms in October 1992, and succeeded Sir Peter Gwynn-Jones (later Garter Principal King-of-Arms) as Lancaster Herald of Arms in Ordinary in September 1999.
He is a Freeman of the City of London and has been admitted as a liveryman of the Glaziers' Company.
Noel married Rowena Hale in 2013; the couple live in London and have a son, William (born in 2014). and a daughter Phoebe born 2016.
Coat of arms of Robert John Baptist Noel
- Established by Gerard Noel Edward pursuant to a Royal Licence allowing him to take and bear the arms of Noel and use the surname Noel only.
- 22 May 1798
- A buck at gaze argent attired or.
- Or, fretty gules a canton ermine.
- tout bien ou rien ("do it well or not at all")
- Heralds of Today: A Biographical List of the Officers of the College of Arms, London, 1987-2001, Hubert Chesshyre and Adrian Ailes, (Illuminata, London 2001) ISBN 0-9537845-1-7