Royal Republic is a rock band from Malmö, Sweden. The band is currently signed to Universal Music and managed by Odyssey Music Network.
2007-2012: Foundation and We are the Royal
Royal Republic was founded in 2007. Their first album, We are the Royal, was recorded under the supervision of Swedish producer Anders Hallbäck in Malmö. The album was mixed at ToyTown Studios and completed with the help of Stefan Glaumann. On 6 August 2009, the record was released in Sweden and received wide acclaim from critics, fans and radio stations.
All three singles reached No.1 on Bandit Rock's Most-Wanted-List.Tommy-Gun also reached first place on MTV Rockcharts. Royal Republic gained success in Germany through a collective tour with the Donots.
2012-2014: Save the Nation
On 24 August 2012 the band released their second album titled Save the Nation. It was recorded by Michael Ilbert at Hansa Studio 1 and Hansa Mix Room.Tom Coyne mastered the record at Sterling Sound in New York City. Save the Nation was widely critically acclaimed and resulted in a better chart position than its predecessor We are the Royal. The release of the album was followed by concerts in Australia, Great Britain, Germany, France and the Benelux countries. Through the support of bands like Social Distortion, The Subways, Die Toten Hosen and blink-182 the band earned major recognition.
In addition, Royal Republic played in 2013 at the tradition-rich German festivals Rock am Ring and Rock im Park.
2014-2016: Royal Republic & The Nosebreakers
In 2014 Royal Republic turned towards acoustic music. On 28 March the Swedes released Royal Republic and the Nosebreakers, on which songs from the previous albums We are the Royal and Save the Nation were re-interpreted in an acoustic and country-like way. For the realization of the project, Adam Grahn, Hannes Irengard, Jonas Almén and Per Andreasson were assisted by studio musicians Daniel Olsson, Anders Svensson and Oskar Appelqvist. The latter even joined the band on the same tour.
All songs except This Means War were recorded at the Sunnana Studio by Markus Nilsson. They were largely mixed by Michael Illbert, who already mixed the previous record, at the Hansa Mix Room. This time the mastering was carried out at Chartmakers by Svante Forsbäck. The accompanying tour for this acoustic album consisted of nine dates, which led the band to Germany, France, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Austria and Poland.
2016: Weekend Man
On 26 February 2016 Royal Republic released their fourth album, Weekend Man. Christian Neander and Michael Tibes were brought in as producers for this project. The latter was also responsible for the recordings that took place at Fuzzfactory in Berlin. Like their predecessors, Weekend Man was mixed by Michael Illbert at the Hansa Mix Room, and mastered by Tom Coyne of Sterling Sound.
- We Are the Royal (2010)
- Save the Nation (2012)
- Royal Republic and The Nosebreakers (2014) [acoustic compilation]
- Weekend Man (2016)
- "All Because of You" (2009)
- "Tommy-Gun" (2010)
- "Underwear" (2010)
- "Full Steam Spacemachine" (2010)
- "Addictive" (2012)
- "Everybody Wants to Be an Astronaut" (2012)
- "When I See You Dance With Another" (2015)
- "Baby" (2016) #15 Mainstream Rock Songs
- "Uh Huh" (2016)
Also available on several compilation CDs including:
- Bandit Rock #2 (2009) - disc 1, track 16
- Bandit Rock #3 (2010) - disc 1, track 8
- Sweden Rock #2 (2009) - disc 1, track 9
- Sweden Rock #3 (2010) - disc 1, track 3
- Adam Grahn - lead vocals, rhythm guitar
- Hannes Irengård - lead guitar, backing vocals
- Jonas Almén - bass guitar, backing vocals, co-lead vocals on 'I Don't Wanna Go Out'
- Per Andreasson - drums, backing vocals
- ^ "ROYAL REPUBLIC". musictour.firestone.eu. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ http://quellrock.ch/acts/royal-republic/
- ^ http://www.odyssey-music.net/royal-republic/
- ^ "Royal Republic". warnermusic.de. 22 March 2013. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ "Royal Republic -- Free listening, videos, concerts, stats and photos at Last.fm". Last.fm. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ "Beach House Music". Beach House Music. Retrieved .
- ^ "Presenter till barn och vuxna". Toytown.se. Retrieved .
- ^ "Royal Republic - Biography & History - AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ "StubHub!". StubHub. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ a b c Nachrichtenfernsehen, n-tv. "Royal Republic retten die Nation". n-tv.de. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ "Royal Republic". Discogs. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ a b "Tom Coyne - Credits - AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ Steinmetal. "Royal Republic - Save The Nation (Review by Lewis McBlane)". metal-temple.com. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ "Royal Republic - Save The Nation (album review ) - Sputnikmusic". www.sputnikmusic.com. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ "Royal Republic: Save The Nation". teamrock.com. 16 October 2012. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ "Royal Republic Save The Nation Album Review". www.rocksins.com. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ "Royal Republic Concert Setlists (page 6)". setlist.fm. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ "Rock Regeneration - The Subways/Royal Republic/Turbowolf". www.rock-regeneration.co.uk. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ http://www.dietotenhosen.de/band/empfehlungen/cd/save-nation-das-neue-album-unserer-supportband-royal-republic
- ^ Hamburg, Hamburger Abendblatt -. "Social Distortion, der schönste Härtefall der Stadtpark-Saison". abendblatt.de. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ "History - Rock am Ring 2017". Rock am Ring. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ Republic, Royal. "Royal Republic - Royal Republic And The Nosebreakers - Acoustic EP". Royal Republic. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ "Kunglig turnépremiär". paraplyproduktion.blogspot.de. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ "Royal Republic - Royal Republic And The Nosebreakers listen to all release completely in mp3, download release album mp3". metunes.ru. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ "Royal Republic - Royal Republic And The Nosebreakers". Discogs. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ "Royal Republic - Musik". www.universal-music.de. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ "Royal Republic - Weekend Man". Discogs. Retrieved 2017.
- ^ "Bandit.se". Bandit.se. Retrieved .
- ^  Archived 16 June 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
- ^ "Musik på Nätet - CD, LP, Musik-DVD & Blu-ray - CDON.COM". Cdon.se. 2015-09-21. Retrieved .
- ^ "Vanden plas - far off grace - (cd) - musik". Ginza.se. 2014-03-01. Retrieved .