Get Steven Crowell essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Steven Crowell discussion
. Add Steven Crowell
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Steven Crowell is an American philosopher who has taught at Rice University since 1983 and is the department chair. Crowell earned his Ph.D. in Philosophy from Yale University in 1981. His work has largely focused on twentieth-century European philosophy, including phenomenology, existentialism, hermeneutics, and post-structuralism.
- Normativity and Phenomenology in Husserl and Heidegger (Cambridge University Press, 2013)
- Transcendental Heidegger (Stanford University Press, 2007)
- Husserl, Heidegger, and the Space of Meaning: Paths Toward Transcendental Phenomenology (Evanston: Northwestern University Press, 2002)
- The Reach of Reflection: Issues for Phenomenology's Second Century, ed. Steven Crowell, Lester Embree, and Samuel Julian (Electron Press, 2001: www.electronpress.com)
- The Prism of the Self: Philosophical Essays in Honor of Maurice Natanson, ed. Steven Galt Crowell (Dordrecht: Kluwer, 1995)
- Nietzsche's View of Truth, International Studies in Philosophy XIX/2 (1987), 3-18.