Get Suuna I of Buganda essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Suuna I of Buganda discussion
. Add Suuna I of Buganda
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Suuna I of Buganda
Suuna I Kisolo, also spelled as Ssuuna I Kisolo, was Kabaka (King) of the Kingdom of Buganda, reigning from about 1584 until his death around 1614. He was the 11th Kabaka of Buganda.
Claim to the throne
He was the son of Kabaka Nakibinge Kagali, Kabaka of Buganda between 1524 and 1554. His mother was Nassuuna, his father's fifth wife. He took the throne after the death of his elder half-brother, Kabaka Jemba, in 1584. He established his capital at Gimbo Hill.
He married two wives:
- Nakigo, daughter of Walusimbi, of the Ffumbe clan
- Naluggwa, daughter of Lwoomwa, of the Ndiga clan
He fathered four sons:
- Prince (Omulangira) Sewatti, whose mother was Nakigo
- Prince (Omulangira) Gogombe
- Prince (Omulangira) Kawaali
- Kabaka Kimbugwe Kamegere, Kabaka of Buganda, whose mother was Naluggwa.
The final years
He died in middle-age, at his capital at Gimbo, Busiro in 1614. He was buried at Gimbo.