Get Syed Farid Al-Attas essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Syed Farid Al-Attas discussion
. Add Syed Farid Al-Attas
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Syed Farid Al-Attas
Syed Farid Alatas (Arabic: ? Sayyid Far?d al-?As) is a Malaysian author and educator, serving as a professor in the Department of Sociology at the National University of Singapore.
- Ibn Khaldun (Makers of Islamic Civilization), Oxford University Press, 2013
- Applying Ibn Khaldun: The Recovery of a Lost Tradition in Sociology (Routledge Advances in Sociology), 2014
- An Islamic Perspective on the Commitment to Inter-Religious Dialogue, Institute of Advanced Islamic Studies Malaysia, 2008
- Alternative Discourses in Asian Social Science: Responses to Eurocentrism, Sage, 2006
- Democracy and Authoritarianism in Indonesia and Malaysia: The Rise of the Post-Colonial State, Macmillan, 1997
- The post-colonial state: Dual functions in the public sphere (Department of Sociology working papers), National University of Singapore, 1994
- Asian Inter-Faith Dialogue: Perspectives on Religion, Education and Social Cohesion (edited) (RIMA and the World Bank, 2003)
- Asian Anthropology, edited with Jan van Bremen and Eyal Ben-Ari (Routledge, 2005)