15 November 1979 |
||Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia
||Electro house, big room house, progressive house, dance
||DJ, producer, remixer
||Ableton, Keyboards, Laptop, DJ Decks
||Ministry of Sound Australia, Fool's Gold Records, Mixmash Records, Musical Freedom, Spinnin' Records, Size Records, Mau5trap, Refune Records, OWSLA, Armada
||Moguai, Tiësto, A-Trak, Porter Robinson, Angger Dimas, Tom Piper, Sebastian Ingrosso
Thomas Olsen, better known by his stage name Tommy Trash, is an Australian DJ, record producer, and remixer. He currently resides in Los Angeles, California and signed to Ministry of Sound Australia.
Thomas Olsen (aka Tommy Trash) was born in the small town of Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia. He attended Walkervale State Primary School and Later Kepnock State high School. From an early age Thomas was proficient at Piano and Trumpet and was classically trained in both, he excelled at music in general and could play almost anything with a little practice.
The ARIA Music Awards of 2009 nomination of artist Tommy Trash, one of the EDM scene's biggest promises, is considered as one of the highlights of 2011. Ever since he appeared on the scene in 2006, Tommy has been rocking the charts and the dance floors, and with over 50 productions (originals and remixes), and also he has quickly been recognised as one of Australia's biggest talents.
His peak era would begin in mid-2011, thanks to one of his most recognisable tunes, titled "The End". This has been one of his largest hits to date. This made him quickly noticed by high-profile DJs such as Tiësto, David Guetta, Swedish House Mafia, Afrojack, and Laidback Luke. "The End" pushed Tommy further into international fame.
Before "The End", he launched "All My Friends" in 2010, collaborating with Tom Piper and Mr. Wilson on the vocals, who has already lent his voice in Tommy's song, "Need Me To Stay", a song nominated by the ARIA Awards as a "Best Dance Record" in 2009. "All My Friends" managed to peak 6 weeks straight on the ARIA Club Charts. Due to its success, it was re-edited and remastered by Ministry of Sound on the United Kingdom and Germany, and peaked at 11 in the UK Cool Cuts chart.
Tommy also launched his music on worldwide labels, such as Spinnin, Refune, SIZE, Axtone, mau5trap, OWSLA, Boys Noize, Musical Freedom and Fool's Gold. He has collaborated with other producers such as A-Trak. Digitalism, Sebastian Ingrosso and Wolfgang Gartner, and he has made remixes for artists like Deadmau5, Empire of the Sun, Swedish House Mafia, Sub Focus, Zedd, Steve Aoki, plus many more.
In 2012, the 55th Annual Grammy Awards nominated Tommy for his remix of Deadmau5' song ""The Veldt"".
The first Tommy Trash song that appeared on a mainstream compilation was "It's A Swede Thing" which was collaborated with Goodwill, this song was included on the downloadable edition of the Cream compilation "Cream Summer 2007". This gained Olsen some popularity and he went on to have his song "All My Friends" (with Tom Piper and Mr. Wilson) featured on the 2012 edition of the Ministry of Sound compilation known as The Annual, despite the name this edition of The Annual was actually released in 2011. This gave Olsen even more fame, and "All My Friends" was his most mainstream and successful single to date. "All My Friends" also received many remixes. The next song to feature on a mainstream album was "Future Folk", this was featured on another Cream compilation, this time it was "Cream Club Anthems 2012".
Most of Olsen's songs are featured on the "Musical Freedom" compilations. These are usually mixed by the likes of Dada Life, Steve Aoki, Tiesto, R3hab, Hard Rock Sofa and Swanky Tunes
Olsen has mixed a Ministry of Sound CD entitled "Inspired"; the CD was released on 17 March 2014 on Ministry of Sound/Data Records and Olsen's label, Ministry of Sound Australia.
- 2007: "It's a Swede Thing" (with Goodwill) - (Hussle/MoSA)
- 2007: "Fuck to the Bass" (with Tom Piper) - (Hussle/MoSA)
- 2007: "Slide" - (Hussle/MoSA)
- 2007: "One More" (with Tom Piper) - (Hussle/MoSA)
- 2008: Amsterdam EP - (Hussle/MoSA)
- 2008: "Lover Lover" (featuring Patsy Galore) (Hussle/MoSA)
- 2008: "Australia" - (Hussle/MoSA)
- 2008: "Let Me Love You" - (Hussle/MoSA)
- 2009: "Need Me To Stay" (featuring Mr. Wilson) - (Hussle/MoSA)
- 2009: "My Eternity"
- 2009: "Stars" - DBN, Tommy Trash feat. Michael Feiner
- 2010: "Stay Close" / "Beautiful" (Hussle/MoSA)
- 2010: "Stopwatch" - (Astrx/MoSA)
- 2010: "Blackwater" - Carl Kennedy & Tommy Trash Feat. Rosie Henshaw (Subliminal & MoSA)
- 2010: "The Bum Song" (with Tom Piper) - (Hussle/MoSA)
- 2010: "Bomjacker" (with DBN)
- 2010: "All My Friends" - Tommy Trash & Tom Piper feat. Mr. Wilson - - (Hussle/MoSA)
- 2011: Angger Dimas vs Tommy Trash - "Big Fucking House" (Vicious)
- 2011: "Nothing Left to Lose" - Tommy Trash, NO_ID & Sebastien Lintz -
- 2011: "Come Undone" - John Dahlbäck, Tommy Trash & Sam Obernik
- 2011: "The End" (Downright/MoSA)
- 2011: "Voodoo Groove" (with Sebastien Lintz)
- 2011: "Future Folk" (Musical Freedom & Hussle/MoSA)
- 2011: "Mr President"
- 2011: "Blair Bitch Project" (Dim Mak & Downright/MoSA)
- 2011: "Monkey See Monkey Do" (Hussle/MoSA)
- 2011: "Ohrwurm" (Downright/MoSA)
- 2012: "Sex, Drugs, Rock N Roll" (Mixmash & Hussle/MoSA)
- 2012: "Cascade" (PinkStarr & Downright/MoSA)
- 2012: "In N' Out" (with Moguai, included in Moguai's "Mpire" album)
- 2012: "Reload" (with Sebastian Ingrosso) ([Refune] & Downright/MoSA)
- 2012: "Sunrise (Won't Get Lost)" - The Aston Shuffle vs. Tommy Trash - (Aston Shuffle Music, Axtone & MoSA)
- 2012: "Truffle Pig" [Fool's Gold] (Downright/MoSA)
- 2012: "Tuna Melt (with A-Trak) (Fool's Gold & Downright/MoSA)
- 2013: "Reload (Take My Hand)" (Sebastian Ingrosso and Tommy Trash featuring John Martin) (Refune & Downright/MoSA)
- 2013: "Monkey in Love" (Size Records & Downright/MoSA)
- 2013: "Hounds of Hell" (with Wolfgang Gartner) (Kindergarten & Downright/MoSA)
- 2013: "Fuckwind" (Free Download)
- 2014: "The Little Death" (with KillaGraham) (Spinnin' & Downright/MoSA)
- 2014: "Lord of the Trance" (Hysteria Records)
- 2014: "Love Like This" (with Henry Fong feat. Faith Evans) (Revealed Recordings)
- 2014: "HEX" (with Wax Motif) (Protocol Recordings)
- 2015: "About U" (with BURNS) (Spinnin' Records)
- 2015: "Louder" (with Kill the Noise feat. R.City) (OWSLA)
- 2015: "Wake the Giant" (feat. JHart) (Armada)
- 2016: "Lover" (with A-Trak)
- Sugiurumn - "Star Baby" (Goodwill & Tommy Trash Remix)
- Green Velvet Feat. Walter Phillips - "Shake And Pop"
- Delta Goodrem - "Believe Again"
- The Veronicas - "Hook Me Up"
- Benjamin Bates - "Two Flies"
- Tom Novy - "Unexpected"
- Arno Cost & Arias - "Magenta" (Goodwill & Tommy Trash Exclusive Remix)
- Anton Neumark - "Need You Tonight" (Goodwill & Tommy Trash Remix)
- Grafton Primary - "Relativity"
- Armand Van Helden - "I Want Your Soul"
- My Ninja Lover - "2 x 2" (Tommy Trash Vs. My Ninja Lover Remix)
- Betty Vale - "Jump on Board" (Tommy Trash Remix)
- The Camel Rider & Mark Alston Feat. Mark Shine - "Addicted"
- Faithless - "Insomnia 2008" (Tommy Trash Electro Mix)
- Karton - "Never Too Late" (Tommy Trash & fRew Remix)
- Mason - "The Ridge"
- Dabruck & Klein - "Cars"
- Soul Central Feat. Abigail Bailey - "Time After Time"
- Meck feat. Dino - "So Strong"
- Kaskade - "Step One Two"
- Chili Hifly feat. Jonas - "I Go Crazy"
- fRew & Chris Arnott Feat. Rosie Henshaw - "My Heart Stops"
- Orgasmic & Tekitek - "The Sixpack Anthem"
- Neon Stereo - "Feel This Real"
- Lady Sovereign - "I Got You Dancing"
- Hiroki Esashika - "Kazane"
- Dave Winnel - "Festival City"
- Bass Kleph - "Duro"
- Stafford Brothers feat. Seany B - "Speaker Freakers"
- DBN - "Chicago"
- Idriss Chebak - "Warm & Oriental"
- Anané - "Plastic People"
- Pocket808 feat. Phil Jamieson - "Monster (Babe)"
- Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike feat. Vangosh - "Deeper Love"
- Jacob Plant feat. JLD - "Basslines In"
- The Potbelleez - "Shake It"
- Sub Focus ft. Alex Clare - Endorphins (Tommy Trash Remix)
- Destructo - Higher (Tommy Trash Remix)
- Empire of the Sun & Tommy Trash- Celebrate (Tommy Trash Remix)