Get Valckenaer essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Valckenaer discussion
. Add Valckenaer
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Title page of Theocritus: Carmina bucolica
, edited by Valckenaer, Leiden 1779. Running Greek script.
Lodewijk Caspar Valckenaer (Leeuwarden, 7 June 1715 - Leiden, 15 March 1785) was a Dutch classical scholar, at Leiden. He was a follower of Tiberius Hemsterhuis, and his successor in 1766 in the chair of Greek at Leiden. He was born in Leeuwarden.
The jurist and politician Johan Valckenaer (1759-1821) was his son.
- Ammonius. De adfinium vocabulorum differentia (Leiden 1739)
- Dictata in antiquitates Graecas (1751)
- Observationes philologicae in Evangelium Lucae (1751)
- Observationes philologicae in Actus Apostolicos (1752)
- Observationes philologicae in primam Pauli epistolam ad Corinthios (1752)
- Phoenissae (1755)
- Diatribe in Euripidis deperditorum dramatum reliquias (1767)
- Euripidis Tragoedia Hippolytus (Commentary, 1768)