Get Verbs Rapper essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Verbs Rapper discussion
. Add Verbs Rapper
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Michael Boyer II, better known by his stage names Knowdaverbs and later Verbs, is a Christian hip hop artist. He has recorded for Gotee Records.
He started rapping at the age of twelve, and spent time dancing with GRITS during the mid-'90s. At first he did not gain much acceptance for singing hip-hop in nearby churches which laughed at him exclaiming "hip-hop's a pit of hell". His debut album, The Syllabus (1999), and his second album, The Action Figure (2000) were both fairly successful for gospel rap. His first album under the name "Verbs" (Unlocked) was slightly delayed when he spent six months in South Africa on a mission with his home church in Nashville, Tennessee. His latest album The Groundwork Theory, was released September 11, 2007.
His lyrics take a middle ground approach between the explicit doctrine of the Cross Movement and the poetic musings of the GRITS.
Collaborations on other albums
- Compilation Contributions
- Sonic Imperial: Sounds of the Prophets - "Call of the Dung Beetle".
- Best of Rescue Records 1993-2003/Urban - "Call of the Dung Beetle".
- Gotee Urban Vol. 2 - "God Is Big" and "Just the Facts".
- Gotee Records presents: Showcase - "God Is Big".
- Raggamuffin Hip Hop - "Giant Slayers" and "If I Were Mayor/Governor" along with Stitchie.