Get Viscount Strathallan essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Viscount Strathallan discussion
. Add Viscount Strathallan
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
The title of Lord Maderty was created in 1609 for James Drummond, a younger son of the 2nd Lord Drummond of Cargill. The titles of Viscount Strathallan and Lord Drummond of Cromlix were created in 1686 for William Drummond, a younger son of the 2nd Lord Madderty. Both creations were in the Peerage of Scotland, and are now held by the Earl of Perth.
Lords Maderty (1609)
title passes to a descendant of the 1st Viscount Strathallan, who becomes 4th Lord Maderty (below)
Viscounts Strathallan (1686)
- William Drummond, 1st Viscount Strathallan (1617 - 23 March 1688)
- William Drummond, 2nd Viscount Strathallan (8 August 1670 - 7 July 1702)
- William Drummond, 3rd Viscount Strathallan (1694 - 26 May 1711)
- William Drummond, 4th Viscount Strathallan (d. Culloden 16 April 1746)
- James Drummond, de jure 5th Viscount Strathallan (1722 - 22 June 1765), attainted 1746 for his father's support of the Jacobite rebellion 
- James Drummond, de jure 6th Viscount Strathallan (c. 1752 - 10 December 1775)
- General Andrew John Drummond, de jure 7th Viscount Strathallan (1758 - 20 January 1814) 
- James Andrew John Laurence Charles Drummond, 8th Viscount Strathallan (24 March 1767 - 14 May 1851). By Act of Parliament in 1824, the attainder of 1746 was reversed and James became Viscount.
- William Henry Drummond, 9th Viscount Strathallan (5 March 1810 - 23 January 1886)
- James Drummond, 10th Viscount Strathallan (1839-1893)
- William Huntley Drummond, 11th Viscount Strathallan (1871-1937), succeeded as 15th Earl of Perth in 1902
- James Eric Drummond, 12th Viscount Strathallan, 16th Earl of Perth (1876-1951)
- John David Drummond, 13th Viscount Strathallan, 17th Earl of Perth (1907-2002)
- John Drummond, 14th Viscount Strathallan, 18th Earl of Perth (b. 1935)
- (See Earl of Perth for further succession)