Get Wyuka Cemetery essential facts below. View Videos
or join the Wyuka Cemetery discussion
. Add Wyuka Cemetery
to your PopFlock.com topic list for future reference or share
this resource on social media.
Wyuka Cemetery is the largest cemetery in Lincoln, Nebraska.
In 1890, Lincoln's Bnai Jeshurun Congregation, a Reform congregation, began using a section of Wyuka.
- Hazel Abel, U.S. Senator from Nebraska (Section 22)
- Victor Emanuel Anderson, 28th Governor of Nebraska (Section 22)
- Charles W. Bryan, 20th and 23rd Governor of Nebraska and 23rd and 30th Mayor of Lincoln (Section 13)
- Elmer J. Burkett, United States Senator from Nebraska (Section 13)
- Amasa Cobb, U.S. Congressman from Wisconsin, Speaker of the Wisconsin Assembly, and Union Army General (Section 6)
- J. James Exon, 33rd Governor of Nebraska and United States Senator from Nebraska (Section 40) 
- Gordon MacRae, actor
- Bennett S. Martin, 39th Mayor of Lincoln, Nebraska (Section 22)
- Samuel Roy McKelvie, 19th Governor of Nebraska (Section 18)
- Albinus Nance, 4th Governor of Nebraska (Section 13)
- Louise Pound, American folklorist, linguist, and English professor at the University of Nebraska (Section 25)
- William A. Poynter, 10th Governor of Nebraska (Section 14)
- Andrew J. Sawyer, 13th Mayor of Lincoln, Nebraska
- Charles Starkweather, spree killer (Section 28)
- John Milton Thayer, 6th Governor of Nebraska, Governor of Wyoming Territory, and United States Senator from Nebraska. (Section GAR)
- John M. Young, founder of Lancaster, Nebraska, which later became Lincoln (Section 7)
- Frank Connell Zehrung, 22nd, 25th, and 28th Mayor of Lincoln, Nebraska