MUSIC COMPOSITION LESSON | How to create your own unique sound
Add to List Share
WATCH MY FREE EAR TRAINING VIDEO SERIES::
- When working at your craft, avoid spending weeks & months on one song.
- Instead, compose a new song every day.
- Set yourself a '5 week challenge' - each day spend at least 20 minutes creating a new piece of music from scratch.
- Inspiration doesn't last forever. I believe you should finish the writing of your music while the inspiration is still there. Otherwise you'll start to undo all of the feeling you captured during that inspired sitting.
- Composition & mixing are two separate stages. Don't waste your inspired composition time making mixing decisions. Mixing is objective and can be done another day, by you, or someone else. Most top producers focus on the composition, and then pass off the music to someone else to mix later.
- Avoid using commercially available synths and samples. Using the same sounds as everyone else means that you sound the same as everyone else. So instead, consider recording your own sounds, using a recorder.
The microphone I use and swear by, is the zoom h4n, and can be bought on amazon here:
MICROPHONE - Zoom H4N Recorder:
This is an affiliate link, which means I get a commission if you buy through this link.
You can take my FREE ear training video course - 4 of my best videos showing you how to play music by ear. You'll discover:
- The 9 barriers that prevent most musicians from playing by ear - and how to overcome them
- The most effective way to practice ear training
- 5 transcribing case studies at the piano, where I walk you through my thought process
...and much more
For full details go to: